Festive Indulgence......

December 1, 2016

 

Well, if you cannot indulge over the festive period when can you?  Good quality chocolate confectionary, with dark chocolate being my personal favourite, is unavoidable throughout the festive season.

 

But why would I mention this here? 

 

Chocolate is actually a poison to our faithful four-legged friends.  It contains two chemicals that can be toxic to pets; theobromine and caffeine.

 

 

If you suspect your dog has eaten chocolate you should contact your vet immediately.

 

The signs of chocolate poisoning may include; 

 

Vomitting, Diarrhoea, Lethargy, Panting, Hyperactivity, Thirst, Tremors, Convulsions and Increased heart rate.

 

On a positive note there are 'pet safe' chocolates on the market if you feel your pet is missing out.  

Please reload

Featured Posts

Beating ear/skin infections

May 29, 2017

1/3
Please reload

Recent Posts

December 1, 2016

November 3, 2016

September 10, 2016

Please reload

Archive
Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Facebook Social Icon

Feedback is always welcome

© 2020 Station Bridge Veterinary Surgery - Images, content and logos shown on this site may be subject to copyright legislation. 

 Site Terms and Legal  and Privacy Policy